2006 NHL Playoff Pool
Welcome to Andy Weise's 2006 NHL Playoff Pool. This is all
for fun and no money is involved. Myself and a few other hockey
fans try to show who knows the most and who wants to prove that
they are the best prognosticator of NHL hockey.
The rules are pretty simple:
- For each series, select who will win that series and in how many games. Points are awarded for picking the correct team. Bonus points are also awarded for picking the correct number of games that each series will last, regardless of who wins the series. For example, let's say the New Jersey Devils defeated the Buffalo Sabres in 7 games. Points would be given for anyone picking the Devils to win the series. Additional points would be awarded if the Devils
were actually picked to win in 7 games. However, if you picked the Sabres
to win in 7 games, only the bonus points would also be awarded. The point
system per playoff round is listed below.
- Selections will be made prior to each round, so that you do not have to give one set of picks for the entire playoff tournament. The matchups and deadline will be announced shortly after the end of the previous round.
- To make your selections for the current round, go here.
- Additional bonus points will be awarded for pre-playoff predictions of each Conference Champion (25 points each) and the Stanley Cup champion (50 points).
Here's how the points are given:
|Stanley Cup Finals
An additional 20 points will be awarded to any player for each team
that they correctly predict - prior to the start of the playoffs - to reach the
finals. 30 bonus points will be awarded if a player correctly predicts the
Stanley Cup champ - also before the playoffs begin.
- Joe DiFiore (JAD) - 2004 (and defending) Champ
- Deron Mason (DM)
- Paul Eblacker (PE)
- Andy Jewell (AJ)
- Scott Chenier (SC)
- Dave Willett (DW)
- Jim Teresco (JT)
- Rob Foulis (RF)
- Todd Mayen (TM)
- Chris Bergman (CB)
- JoMarie DiTata (JoD)
- Bruce Steltzer (BS)
- Melissa Weise (MW)
- Andy Weise (AW)